Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Getting The Christmas Spirit

This morning I watched Ethan's class Nativity. (He's behind Mary's left shoulder slightly shadowed!) As the children attend the village Church of England school they get to use the church along the road. I always feel there is something special about being in an old church with stained glass windows, sitting on a hard pew listening to carols echoing from the tall ceiling. As much as I love them, LDS churches just aren't built the same! Today I finally felt festive.

Yesterday Noah had his Christmas production (I guess that's what they call them these days) and it focused on Christmas celebrations throughout the world before ending with the traditional Nativity. His class had the country of Australia and after singing 'Kookaburra' they finished with 'Sun Arise', complete with actions. It was the sweetest thing and it really touched me... maybe because I used to sing it when I was a child!

No comments: