Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Internet Has Returned

Dear Jay,
I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to update you with our shenanigans during this heatwave of a holiday, but we finally have broadband back and I can upload my pretty terrible phone pictures!  Let's start with 9am last Tuesday morning shall we?  Here are my minions 'helping' me put together the new trampoline (Noah is hiding somewhere holding a box of bolts):
By 10:30am all the children were jumping like lunatics which left me free to finish painting the mile long fence around our garden.  I know I'm exaggerating, but it really did feel like a mile long in 24 degree heat.  Mr Miyagi would be proud of my brush strokes.  I also spent the next two days painting the decking with a 1 1/2 inch paintbrush because I'm too tight to spend money on a bigger brush.  I have a wicked farmer tan.
Where was James while I was doing all this manual labour?  On Dartmoor for two days and nights doing a manly walk and camp out.  Do you like the hat?:
'Tis beautiful:
The newlyweds graced us with their presence for the Easter weekend so on Friday we met up with the family for a supersized picnic.  We missed you and the girls, we always do when we get together and you're not there.  We took a walk in the woods...
 ...and stumbled across a witch and Shrek!:
Bank holiday Monday was spent larking about at Spitchwick with some friends.  Ben took Noah out on the dinghy, they had such fun:
 You wouldn't believe how hot it is for spring, Noah stripped off to his swim shorts!:
 I managed to get a picture of Ben by pretending I was texting:
 I needed no such tricks with Rosie:
Today the children all were back at school, it was eerily quiet again.  Not for long though, we have two more bank holidays so it's another four day weekend!  I wish you were here to share it with us.  Miss you,
Love Naomi xxx

No comments: