Noah has been planning his baptism for months. He chose the songs and the speakers, who would say the prayers, the witnesses; he even picked all his favourite food for the lunch afterward! It was sweet that he was so excited.
I like to watch my childrens baptisms from the side of the font where the changing rooms are. (Most mothers stand in front of the font with the congregation.) I feel closer to being a part of the ordinance as I wink at them when they take a deep breath in as they step into the warm water and look back at me with wide expectant eyes. I get to see them immersed, their feet and hands splaying everywhere. I see their happy and excited faces when I wrap them up in a towel and those few precious moments we have alone while they get changed and tell me what it was like for them. Noah wanted to do it all again, it felt so good! I told him he could do it when he was twelve for other people at the temple, and he replied 'I can also baptise my children if I have any!'. I love that he thinks that far ahead. I love that Noah decided to have this special day.
Saturday, 15 December 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment